SGI UV 1000 ("UV") has been introduced as a computational server in Supercomputer Laboratory.
UV has the following features:
- Unique modular blade design for superior performance density and 'plug and solve' flexibility
- Designed for future upgrade, expansion and integration of next-generation technologies
- Scalable system size for simplifi ed programming, administration and sustained performance
- Standards-based platform reduces cost while delivering uncompromised performance on Linux
- CPU: 8 Core Intel 64bit Xeon E7 family 2.66GHz
- Processor: 1024 CPUcores (128 Sockets)
- Memory: 16 TB
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 is working on UV.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server